* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 271, 13 07 03 *

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fixxxer
Regular MemberPosts: 291Gear list
Like?
Re: A Paul Dibble Scultpure
In reply to OlyChamp, Jul 3, 2013

I think you captured the sculpture very well but what I don't get is the depth of focus you've got from an 4.5 aperture, which I'm guessing is more or less wide open on your UZ. Sure, the long shutter time tends to extend the depth but I can see right down the street as if I had my glasses on...

Anyhow, that's no critique, just an observation that surprises me a bit. What I like is the b/w, the star-looking shine in the lamps and how you've pictured the sculpture. As you said, the background is a bit busy and the flags waving behind the tuatara has become a bit blury from the long shutter speed, which quite immediate caught my eye. Other than that I think it looks pretty good!How does it look from the other way around? And what does that big sign above the lady say? (sorry, it's just that thing with signs and text in photos, you want to read them )

OlyChamp wrote:

Paul Dibble is a world renowned sculpturist who until recently lived in our city. He has a number of large sized sculptures dotted around the city. This image Lady and Tuatara is outside our Regent Theatre. The B&W treatment works better than the colour. Busy agree but hard to shoot without some background.

Thane

-- hide signature --

E500, 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm, E620, 14-42mm, 40-150mm.

Fixxxer's gear list:Fixxxer's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Olympus E-1 Pentax K100D Olympus E-620 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow