10 Days till I make a purchase, please help me decide.

Started Jul 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbaxter
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
10 Days till I make a purchase, please help me decide.
Jul 3, 2013

I know this is a Canon forum but I am hoping for objective opinions. In ten days I will be making the purchase of a new camera. This will actually be the first digital camera I will own. I have been  out of photography for a long time, to give you an example of how long, the last cameras I owned were a pair of Canon A1.

Although my new purchase will be used for hobby, I only plan to use photography to earn a little cash on the side. The type of photography I will mostly be doing is landscapes, portraits, and indoor low light photography where no flash is allowed, mostly atmospheric shots at pubs and restaurants. I am right now torn between buying to cameras, one a dSLR, the other a mirrorless.  The dSLR I'm looking at is the 6D kit that comes with the 24-105 f4l.  The other camera I am looking at is the Fuji X-Pro 1.

I have looked at many images from both of these cameras, and honestly I can not tell the difference in most images I've seen. I like the Fuji because it's light, compact,  allows you to blend in to the crowd easier, and because, well, it's les expensive.

I like the Canon because I used to be a Canon lover. I would like a camera with a full-frame sensor. I  know from the past that Canon is very reliable. As this is a Canon forum, I am hoping there are people here who have used both cameras, and can objectively point out to me reasons why I should purchase the 6D over the X-pro1.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Michael.

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow