Hoping to get some advice on whether my lens is bad (or just my abilities are)

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Questions thread
adad98
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: Hoping to get some advice on whether my lens is bad (or just my abilities are)
In reply to evoprox, Jul 3, 2013

Thanks for your response. Can I ask you to point me to where I can read about PP and tonal curves? I don't know what you mean by those.

Bracketing the image sounds like a great idea. I have found myself using the lens in high contrast situations, but as I mentioned in other posts, I am thinking I should use it in more regular circumstances to get a better handle of the lens.

evoprox wrote:

You could do a little PP on the tonal curves or try some dodge and burn here and there to improve it a bit but the lens should be OK IMO. What would bother me most is the noise on the black front and sides of the cupboard that hides some of the tonal separation there. If you were serious about high contrast shots like this I'd shoot them in RAW and/or bracketed - at least +-1 EV, convert to TIF and shop it from there or use some HDR software with conservative settings. Just my 2 €ct.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow