Canon 70D: NOT the camera of the year

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,101Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 70D: NOT the camera of the year
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Jul 3, 2013

Hi,

Let's use your approach and say that in the best case scenario EVF resolution catches up with OVF resolution.  The issue will remain that EVFs exhibit lags where OVFs are instantaneous.  It simply takes milliseconds of processing time to capture the image, process it, relay it and display it in the EVF.  So for tasks like sports, birds in flight - anything that needs critical timing, the OVF is likely to be faster - probably always.

Now before anyone jumps me as pro DSLR and anti-mirror-less, I'm not.  I own both - I use a DSLR and I'm a fan of compact high IQ cameras. The future is both EVF and OVF.   Either/or threads are yesterdays debate.  It's horses for courses.  People will buy the camera that suits their needs.  If you read across the forums, you will see that many people own both.  Choice is good.  It's an innovative period and we as photographers are blessed with more choice than we've probably ever had.  Good!

I'm not Canon DSLR owner, but to be fair, give the 70D an opportunity to be evaluated on its merits rather than using your first post to be negative before even one has been sold.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow