Spots on Sensor(D600)

Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amhalpern
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: Spots on Sensor(D600)
In reply to Ron E Trees, Jul 2, 2013

I also had the same dust/oil spot issues with my D600. I sent it back to the factory and they replaced the shutter and also cleaned the sensor. I tested out the camera the day I got it back and it had a few spots even just back from the factory. I cleaned the sensor myself with a Giotto blower and take an average of 50-300 pictures a day. It has been 1 week since I cleaned the sensor and only change lenses maybe once a day. The picture below was taken after 3 cleanings using the built in sensor cleaner and also using the Giotto blower. I have been a photographer for 40 years so I do know what I am doing. As you can see the sensor is covered with dust/spots that just will not go away. Now I have to send it back again after only a month of use. I really hope they find the solution to this problem. There are a lot of disappointed and angry D600 owners that would love to resolve this issue. I would hate to have to switch manufacturers.

Lots of spots 1 month after being factory cleaned and having shutter replaced. Very disappointed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow