Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jack A. Zucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,538
Like?
Buff service so much better than elinchrom
9 months ago

I was doing a location shoot last weekend and the wind caught my 51" PLM and knocked it over. Fortunately, the PLM buffered the einstein light and there was no damage to the flash but the fall caused a couple of the PLM rods to get misaligned and the mounting ring to get bent. I called Buff to see about getting a repair done and was told they would replace it under warranty.

Contrast this with my elinchrom BXRI-500 flash units, several of which overheated after being in a beauty dish for a couple hours, melting the modeling light housing and frying the circuit board. The problem was clearly a design defect and yet, I had to make over a dozen calls and it took over 4 weeks to get the item repaired. After the 2nd one melted in the same way, I was told they would not honor the warranty if I continued using it in a beauty dish.

Buff's service continues to reign supreme in the industry IMO. Just the fact that you can call them and speak to a service tech in 5 minutes compared to the weeks it took me to get hold of someone at elinchrom other than a secretary is telling...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow