Started Jul 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598Gear list
Like?
Re: Why not try a $5 close-up lens?
In reply to Pangloss, Jul 2, 2013

Pangloss wrote:

These are shot handheld using the 30-110mm with the $5 +4 close-up lens which I already posted about:

PC mainboard

Rare Yema diver's watch

Common fly - uuugh! (cropped)

You can also try the +2 and +8 lenses. And I think your 10-30mm kit lens will work even better than my 30-110mm.

You could also use any of Nikon's old MF macro lenses, I just got a splendid 35-135mm Nikon AI zoom lens for about $60.

-- hide signature --

Andrew
Novice photographer

Well on reason I would like Nikon to release a say 40mm f2.4 macro is so I can cover macro and portraits with one fast lens, without losing AF capability. AF and the overall speed of the V1 is what made me fall in love with the system in the first place. Using a MF lens would negate that, and using (which I will be doing sooner or later) close-up lenses or achromatic lenses wouldn't help me make the portraits I would also like to make. I've got head and shoulder portraits covered with the the 18.5mm, but sometimes I would like to get even closer without distorting facial features. That's where the longer macro lens would come in.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow