How satisfied are you with your E-M5?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,534
Like?
Re: I can show you the phenomenon...
In reply to Loga, Jul 2, 2013

Loga wrote:

You really don't see? On the second image, it is obvious IMHO.

I really don't see.  There is nothing particularly "obvious" in the "posterization" category, and there is absolutely nothing cartoon like in either photo.

And I also would not say that the first one is awkwardly exposed. Moreover, I think the first one is well exposed considering the opportunities (need flash light, no bounce opportunity).

If you're going to the trouble of using fill flash (whose presence IS obvious), then you might as well have attempted to take the shot without blowing out the sky behind. The first shot is indeed awkwardly exposed, both overall and on the face.  You may not have had a bounce opportunity, but a diffuser would have helped a great deal.  Your shutter speed of 1/50 sec. for that shot was clearly too long to provide a proper balance between the ambient lighting and the flash.

My images often has cartoon or comic-book like look.

I too can get images to have a cartoon-like look.  But this occurs either because of overprocessing or taking a shot of a cartoon-like scene (such as a group of lots of little brightly colored houses taken from afar.)

As to focus, I only homed in on the faces and didn't look at the rest of the image.  Neither the 14 nor the 25 should have produced such soft results (even wide open) unless they were really out of focus or the camera focused on the wrong part of the scene, leaving the faces out of the DoF.  This is particularly relevant to the second shot.

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow