What do you think about the new Canon 70D?

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,545Gear list
Like?
Re: most interested in D400 implications
In reply to rockjano, Jul 2, 2013

I agree it is a very interesting camera, but I'm not particularly interested in the new features, not that I wouldn't take them if offered in a body I wanted for other reasons. I'm not interested in WiFi at all and am leery of the longterm touchscreen reliability. I can see it being great for a liveview tripod shooter, but I don't do that much so it wouldn't compel me to upgrade for that option.

What is most interesting to me is what the implications are for the D400. The fact that it beats the D7100 in several key speed specs further reinforces to me that the D400 must be coming, and coming this fall IMO. I recall a few times in the past Canon preannounced a body to get some buzz before the Nikon model was announced that killed the Canon spec'd body in almost every way. If the D7100 buffer wasn't so crippled, I'd maybe think that the Dxx series was being phased out. The 70D looks more like a 7D series phaseout although hopefully that is not the case either.

Glad to see so many surprises in the 70D. Now what I'm most interested in are what new surprises will there be in the D400?

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow