ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DjMike
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
NEX6 has a fatal flow?
Jul 2, 2013

Quoted from one NEX6 user

"Just because it is a full manual mode does not mean that the possibility of setting ISO to be adjusted automatically should be removed. It's a poor way of designing the option especially given the strange ISO bias in A and S shooting modes. In both A and S priority mode ISO auto is available, but removed in Full Manual mode. There is no way to set a desired aperture and shutter speed and have the camera adjust ISO automatically in any mode of the camera.

It's particularly a problem given that the NEX tries to do silly shutter speeds in A mode like 1/15S which is unusable for handheld. S mode is not particularly desirable given that you lose control over depth of field. So the lack of an automatic ISO in manual mode is aggravating if you have a specific shutter speed and aperture in mind but do not want to constantly change ISO between shots.

Can users here chime in to this? Is this really something Sony bungled up? An over sight? Or this is just ok? I'm need your honest opinions because I am on the hunt for a camera and I'm eying this and the XE1...Thanks a lot...

-- hide signature --

DjMike

Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow