I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system? Locked

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Re: I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system?
In reply to Aspenz, Jul 2, 2013

Lol relax guys, there's nothing to counter, use whatever pleases you, that's what I believe.

I'm not saying the image quality of the V1/J1 is on par with the latest few m4/3s i.e EMP2, EPL5, OMD5 etcetc... it's not, and the lowlight capabilities and DR have improved greatly for those recent cameras. What I AM saying however is that it has been shown the older ones like EP3, EPL3, GX1, GF3 are behind of the V1/J1 in terms of dynamic range and around the same in terms of noise. You'd be surprised how well our 'smaller' sensor handles noise. And sometimes sensor sizes are not instantly their differences due to physics. The samsung NX cameras have a much poorer noise performance compared to the nex, and they both have the same sensor size. The GX1 was what the OP mentioned as the alternate so naturally that's the comparison to be drawn.

And DXOmarks of lenses are greatly affected by larger resolving power. At 10mp obviously the 1 system lenses are gonna seem poor. In fact the scores more or less go higher according to the sensor+mp count of the cameras with those lenses. But let me assure you the lenses offer great performances that max out what the 1 cameras handle.

For stuff like lens sizes and weights, it's subjective. You think your m4/3 lenses are just the right size and weight, I think mine are, the nex people probably think theirs is worth carrying over DSLRs...

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow