I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system? Locked

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Re: I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system?
In reply to David Banner, Jul 2, 2013

Alternative to the 20mm f/1.7:  Check out the Leica (branded) 25mm f/1.4 for micro 4/3.  It's bigger, but it's an amazing lens.

I don't think I can help you decide what you yourself want.  The Nikon 1 has a substantially smaller sensor than micro 4/3, which might not be a good thing.  I may be unfair, but I think of it more as a Panasonic LX7 with interchangeable lenses.

Despite saying that you don't need a viewfinder, I know I do and I think you should. Some small cameras have an electronic viewfinder.  Current Panasonic model is the G6, last years model with a built in EVF is the G5 - still available. An intriguing small camera with a built in EVF is the Sony NEX-6.  That might just blow your budget, and of course the lenses are larger (for APS-C sensor) and fewer than the micro four thirds equivalent field of view lenses.

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow