Still Trying to Convince Myself on RAW

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
hajime93
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: No Convincing Required
In reply to Ed at Ridersite, 9 months ago

well I guess there had been a furious discussion going on and most of the aspects had been covered by many others, so I'll just go on and write my own opinion without offending anyone.

i started out JPEG and ended up with RAW nowadays. you can call me a wuss but the reason I shoot raw is because I'm afraid of screwing things up. very often I find my images look better if I brighten them up in post, and if I do the same thing in JPEG, it doesn't give me the flexibility and same flattering look as RAW does.

to overcome the flat colors raw does, I usually have a standard preset in Lightroom where're I can just apply the same settings for all of my RAWs in just one click. the settings are usually reduced highlight and blacks, increased shadow, vibrance and saturation. just that click and it will give me almost the JPEG result from my camera.

as a price of being a wuss, I need a lot of cards, yes I have at least 10 memory cards when I'm out shooting a full day event. but somehow I enjoy switching them...

hajime93's gear list:hajime93's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow