Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
ACDSee Pro 3 on the Mac
Jul 2, 2013

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. Perhaps it should be on the Mac forum, but here goes.

I switched from Windows to the Mac about a week ago and that meant that I changed my ACDSee Pro 6 for ACDSee Pro 3. But Pro 3 does not list Topaz photoFXlab app as an approved app and that means that every time I use it I have to go to the dialog box, change Approved Apps to All Apps, search for the TopazLabs folder, search for photoFXlab and select it.

Once that is done Pro 3 works with the app well and I can do the masking and selective editing that I want to return it to Pro 3. But the extra 10-15 seconds for every image is really time consuming and I would like to know if anyone knows how to get the app listed as approved or shown on the list of external editors in Pro 3.

I posted this question on the ACDSee forum and it has had a lot of viewers, but no responses. And it is not practical for me to use Lightroom as the editor to launch photoFXlab since Lightroom, although it does list the Topaz editor as usable, takes 88 seconds (yes, 88 seconds. I timed it) to return a tiff back to Lightroom and display it properly. About 12 seconds for the image to show up in LR and then another 76 seconds (on the average) for the screen to stop flashing and for the properly changed image to display.

On the other hand Aperture has no such problem with photoFXlab and perhaps I need to change from Pro3/LR to Aperture.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow