Started Jun 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,857Gear list
Like?
Re: Oh, they're there.
In reply to BartyLobethal, Jul 1, 2013

BartyLobethal wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

I looked at your images at 100%. I see a ton of "underlines" with no spots at all. Sorry nothing credible in this post.

Every single one of those "underlines" sits right below a spot. In some cases you need to 'drag' the image to see the spot moving with it, but they're there.

These aren't the 'classic' D600 spots images - they are taken at f16 rather than f22, and the contrast seems OK rather than an extreme exercise in moving Levels sliders inward. So, although these are shot at an aperture I would personally avoid (I try not to stray below f11), they represent a 'real world use case' better than some.

I think that without underlining the casual viewer would probably not notice at least half of them, and they don't exhibit the symptomatic 'upper left quadrant' distribution, but they're there.

Art has a dirty sensor. He could try blowing it clean, then re-taking the above images at f11.

-- hide signature --

BartyL

On a monitor at work (not my normal machine) I see a very few spots. I don't see it on most of them. Based on the ones I do see, these look like normal dust spots, not the problems people have been posting. I would expect this from any DSLR, I don't see anything "defective" in this image.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow