Ganon G15 on iMac

Started Jul 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Roberto de La Tour
Roberto de La Tour Regular Member • Posts: 244
Ganon G15 on iMac

I just purchased a Canon Powershot G15. Very happy about the size, little by little I will go through all it's features. BUT:

To download the pictures, I can only take the card off and put it in the SD card slot (thing that people with some Mac models cannot do) or use iPhoto.

For some reasons I do not understand, if I connect the G15 with an USB cable, the card is not visible. When I connect it, the bundled software "camera Window" starts automatically, but then says "no camera was found". The other bundled software, "Image browser DX" does not see it.

With my previous/other cameras, Sony V3, Olympus eVolt, Panasonic G1, connection with USB cable always made the card appear on the desktop. With the G15, no.

Why is this? I do not like to use iPhoto, I am not in control of where I store the downloaded pictures. Must I always take the card off? Why?

I installed all the bundled software with the "easy install" option, I did not find any driver on Canon website

I have the latest imac with OSX 10.8.4

-- hide signature --

Roberto

Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow