ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edward Lowy
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Concerned E-PL5 owner!
Jul 1, 2013

Hi folks

Have had an E-PL2 for a couple of years which I have loved. Swapped it at the weekend for an E-PL5. Actually hankering after an E-P5 but figured that E-PL5 = same image quality at a nice price.

Deeply unimpressed and concerned with the E-PL5 so far - just taking some pictures around the garden : grass suddenly seems to be approaching luminous green. Subjects seem to be overexposed with highlight details being lost. Colours seem to be either pallid or oversaturated. White elements of a picture - of flowers or dog fur seem to be smeared.

Is it me, is it the camera I wonder? Was very pleased with the E-PL2 output and pretty proficient with using it.

I have updated the firmware on the camera to 1.2.

In experimenting with settings I have :

1. set Gradation to Auto - default seems to be Normal. This seemed to reduce the luminous grass syndrome quite a bit
  2. switched off Noise Filter and Noise Reduction
  3. switched off IBIS

It is not obvious to me that there is anything fundamentally wrong with the camera - some shots are fine, particularly skin tones, but generally I am very concerned and certainly underwhelmed.

Would appreciate people's views particularly if they have made the same EPL2 to EPL5 transition?

Many thanks

Edward

This is a very pale yellow rose. But this picture seems to have lost all details. Taken around 6pm not in direct sunlight

Our grass just isn't this vivid green! Dog fur white detail gets lost.

just plain strange exposure!

Edward Lowy's gear list:Edward Lowy's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus PEN E-PL2 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
redNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow