How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greg Eddinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,107
Like?
Re: How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?
In reply to Basalite, Jul 1, 2013

Basalite wrote:

From what I can gather from the previous post, the iMac will not only have a modest speed increase over a current Mac Mini, it also has a better screen not to mention a larger one than the 21" Lacie.

The iMac also has considerably more powerful graphics, which programs like Photoshop takes advantage of. The 27" iMac can also be configured to 32 gigs while the Mac mini is limited to 16 gigs of ram, although it is possible that either could support more, as if often the case with Macs.

It is an absolute pleasure editing my photos on my 27" iMac's screen. I will never go back to something smaller and with less resolution. I would take my time and try them out at an Apple store or any other store that has them.

The graphics card on the 27" could play a role for someone that uses a select group of it's tools, I don't use them often enough for that to be a benefit.

Heres a list of tools that use the graphics card. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4289204

Here's a link to some recent benchmarks for the Mac lines. That little Mac mini sure packs a punch. http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

At this point I'm leaning toward the mini due to it's value and ability to be placed away from a microphone but an iMac with iOS 7 might tip me the other way. At this point the only variables that are keeping me from a final decision is will my Lacie 321 drivers work with the mini and if not can I get a good large monitor for under $500?

Thanks for the great advice. It's great to see there's still some great members in this forum.

-- hide signature --

Gregory Eddinger
Those that believe they can, CAN, because they BELIEVE!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow