It's time to abandon PhotoShop

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,925Gear list
Like?
Re: Graphic Artists or Photographers
In reply to KRR, Jul 1, 2013

KRR wrote:

This thread indicates that the "art" of photography is being overwhelmed by graphic artists. Anybody out there who recalls the days of film when artists needed to have good equipment and then accepted the reality that--for good photos--all you needed was good light and proper camera settings. That's it.

This photoshop dance is contrary to my way of thinking. Why not put your effort into taking better photographs to begin with; then you would not need 1000 exposures, a database, editing, correction, layers, etc. With Aperture's intuitive design, I just crop and save a TIFF. Easy. Simple. Fast. Cheap. Come on people, let's get back to basics and let the graphic artists do their thing without corrupting our thing.

While I do agree with you in principal - having started my interest in photography LONG before digital (and I personally believe there is room for both sides in our hobby/interest) - you do realize that you are preaching on what is basically a TECHIE forum. It seems that most people who inhabit DPReview are more interested in the TECHNICAL (hence PS, LR, Aperture, etc.) side of photography than the actual PHOTOGRAPHIC or ARTISTIC side of it.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow