Is AutoFocus more practice than manualfocus?

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
josbiker
Regular MemberPosts: 372Gear list
Like?
Re: Is AutoFocus more practice than manualfocus?
In reply to ernstbk, Jul 1, 2013

ernstbk wrote:

Michael J Davis wrote:

I conclude you don't mean 'resolution' - you mean inaccurate focus. (At least that's what I get from the video - but it could be my poor German.

German can be a difficult language, Germans themselves as well at times.

Firstly I do not know the authors of the video or the source, I can not vouch for the findings.

However, I do agree with you that resolution is the wrong term, and inaccurate focus does not fit either.

Just doing some simple arithmetic an M43 sensor has a theoretical resolution that exceeds the figures given in the video. That implies that the actual resolution must be limited by the quality of the lens. Using autofocus (according to the authors) a lower result was obtained. My understanding is that this could be an indication of autofocus quality, the better the camera (sensor/processor) is able to drive the lens and to find/calculate the better the resulting resolution might be.

However, what ever it means, I still do not understand the question. I have repeated this a few times already and maybe it needs clarification:

"Is Autofocus more practice than manualfocus ?".

What is the meaning of "practice" in this sentence ? Is it a doctors office, does it mean exercise, does it mean general use ? The question does not make sense and the rest of the thread goes in a complete different direction with the subject of resolution. And I do not understand what Robin Hood has to do with this subject. The OP seems to have more in common with Marvin.

"And I do not understand what Robin Hood has to do with this subject. The OP seems to have more in common with Marvin."

Think like a Marvin and you see the Robin Hood!

Josbiker

josbiker's gear list:josbiker's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow