Started Jul 1, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr Slim
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Unfortunately, but it's a failure.
Jul 1, 2013

I've bought this cam from Japan in March to be prepared for the Summer 2013 beach season. I'm in the middle of the season now, but the camera is dead already.

My previous pocket camera was Panasonic DMC-ZS3. I was taking that camera with me everywhere for the last 3 years. It had issues, that made me thinking about buying something more reliable. Panasonic's rugged cameras were rejected due to their weak sides, so I have decided to be the owner of Pentax's WG-2 GPS camera.

At first -- the picture was poor, not even half-decent. It's poor. Even my friends have admitted that.

The next -- battery and sd card door design was poor too. Metal door part got rusty after the second use. Rusty sediment was too obvious on the white plastic parts around the door. The door itself looked too lousy. There were traces of humidity on the lens glass from the inside.

That's it. After 2 month and 16 days of owning this camera it has swallowed some water, being in my pocket while I was riding a bicycle under the heavy shower rain. That was the last picture taken with that camera -- my girlfriend, riding a bike under that rain.

It has never been deeper than 2 meters. It has been in the water for 2 hours a few times only. 99% of it's lifetime it was in my pocket as a point-and-shoot camera at work. In a dry environment.

I don't have any claims to the pentax regarding this, but not going to buy from pentax anymore.

PS: Battery life was poor too.

Pentax WG-2 GPS camera is not reliable at all. Avoid it!

The last picture taken

Mr Slim's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
awful
Action / sports
awful
Landscapes / scenery
bad
Portraits
bad
Low light (without flash)
awful
Flash photography (social)
bad
Studio / still life
awful
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow