I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system? Locked

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Re: I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system?
In reply to REShultz, Jul 1, 2013

REShultz wrote:

Many will trash the 1 system but it's actually very good.

I've shot with both. For IQ, go with the newer generation sensor in M43. Another advantage of M43 is lens options (far and away better than the 1 system).

For IQ similar to the older generation M43, for fast and accurate AF, or for silent shutter, the 1 system is great. It's also more economic. The 18.5 1.8 (50mm equivalent) is an excellent and sharp lens. It's less than 200$, and a refurb 30-110 can be had for 125$.

One last thing to add, metering is great on the 1 system. My biggest issue with the system is that in areas of dynamic range and low light, there are better options.

For you, I think it's really about how you intend to use your other DSLR to supplement the IQ factor. If you're willing to use it when needed, the 1 system will work out very well. If you end up leaving it at home more often than not, and you need IQ, M43 is the better option.

I agree with that, good opinion.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow