Started Jul 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DjMike
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Torn between the XE1 and the NEX7
Jul 1, 2013

The time to buy a new camera is just around the corner. A week from now I should have arrived at a decision, WHICH ONE? Well, before I was torned by these two, I was actually opting for the X20 for shooting everything. But most especially strobist type photography/portraiture/weird angle shots/urban strobist shootings. I'm a newbie and wanna start simple and cheap. But now that my budget allows me to buy a much higher specked compact camera system, I zone-in on these two. I would like as well do land scapes/city scapes and night photography, long exposures and the likes. I need your advices and such on which one to get? I like the XE1 for its retro look and ease of the controls and it's kit lens I think is OK for a kit lens to start with. But I was kinda confused or disappointed because I would like to have a 50mm lens on it with AF but couldnt seem to find one.There is the 60mm macro but its kinda slow on AF and I think it's expensive. There are options I researched a bit to use adaptors but would loose the AF. I dont like manual focussing.
On the NEX7, the kit lens, well, ehhh...I guess the f3.5-5.6 makes it a little on the mediocre side. But theres an option for a third party lens like the Sigma 50mm 2.8 with AF, how cool is that? and it's not very expensive. Theres another one that kinda puts me off with the NEX7, the hot shoe is not the universal hot shoe and I understand that it needs an adaptor to fit those radio triggers in order for it to work. Which in my part of the world, Dubai will be a hassle finding that kind of adaptor if it is indeed available here, which I highly doubt. So please help me with my dilemma> Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

DjMike

Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow