How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?
In reply to Greg Eddinger, Jul 1, 2013

Greg Eddinger wrote:

Howard Moftich wrote:

the 2008's high brightness/contrast can be handled by BasICColor Display calibration software (I have a 2009 w/ the same problem).

There is effectively no noise from an iMac or Mini

Thanks Howard, I should have also mentioned that I have a 2008 24 iMac 3.06 and I'll see if BasICColor will do the trick.

From what I can gather from the previous post, the iMac will not only have a modest speed increase over a current Mac Mini, it also has a better screen not to mention a larger one than the 21" Lacie.

The iMac also has considerably more powerful graphics, which programs like Photoshop takes advantage of. The 27" iMac can also be configured to 32 gigs while the Mac mini is limited to 16 gigs of ram, although it is possible that either could support more, as if often the case with Macs.

It is an absolute pleasure editing my photos on my 27" iMac's screen. I will never go back to something smaller and with less resolution. I would take my time and try them out at an Apple store or any other store that has them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow