Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobgeorge
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
Re: Wedding Gear Question
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Jul 1, 2013

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

Depends...on style.

I know many an 'old' photographer that uses a crop body and F4 lens(es). They shot in film days and posed everything (few candids) and used flash and low ISO (as that was all there was). In capable hands it can do fine.

An 18-200 isnt' IMO a great low light lens - at the outer end it's gonna be 5.6 aperture.

If you're working $1000 weddings it's hard to justify $1500 lenses and $3500 bodies - and often the low end consumer isn't that discerning to know or care.

-- hide signature --

Vision without execution is hallucination. T. Edison.
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

What is the biggest difference between a $1,000 & up wedding & a lesser one.  I live in the Washington, DC metro area & I see people offing 6 hours of wedding photography starting at $450 & they provide the edited photos on a CD.

-- hide signature --

BobGeorge
--------------
Nikon D600
Visit my Flickr page.

bobgeorge's gear list:bobgeorge's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow