How satisfied are you with your E-M5?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Russ Houston
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,370Gear list
Like?
So satisfied I sold a very nice dSLR kit
In reply to apennh, Jul 1, 2013

I've shot Pentax for several years, and had the K5 and many of Pentax's nicest lenses.  It was a great kit with excellent image quality.  I bought the E-P1 when it came out because I wanted something smaller but with good IQ.  While it was nice, the IQ wasn't as good as my Pentax gear.  However, after using the OM-D along with some of the nice Olympus lenses, I finally decided to sell all my Pentax gear.  I found that regardless of the situation, I chose to take the Olympus kit with me.  I don't feel like I'm compromising on image quality anymore with MFT.

For me, I wouldn't think twice about traveling with an OM-D kit.  I'd recommend the 12-50 kit zoom over the 14-42, though.  I'd also find a few extra coins for a nice prime.  The 45/1.8 is an excellent lens and a great bargain, but it may be a tad long for what you shoot while traveling.  Perhaps the 12/2 or 17/1.8 would suit better.  I've even used the 17/2.8 (bought it with my original Pen) and while it's not the greatest lens, it's cheap and handy.  Sigma's 19/2.8 and 30/2.8 are also bargains.  Then there are the Panasonic primes, like the 14/2.5 (cheap) and the 20/1.7, and 25/1.4 (I think...I'm not up on Panasonic).

Your back and neck with thank you for the lighter kit, and your eyes won't know the difference.

-- hide signature --
 Russ Houston's gear list:Russ Houston's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow