How satisfied are you with your E-M5?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Tapper123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?
I returned the OMD EM5 in the end...
In reply to apennh, Jul 1, 2013

I don't wish to denigrate this good camera, but it is not perfect, and depending on your tastes you may love it.

For me, there were aspects to the IQ that simply didn't click. I wanted to love this camera but didn't. There's an almost comic book like look to the images that I dislike, especially at 100%. Furthermore certain things about the design just didn't click with me either. In the end I just wasn't impressed enough to keep it, and with lenses and all honestly it's not much smaller than a small DSLR. I ending up deciding that if a camera can't fit into a pocket, then I might as well have at least an APS-C sensor and fewer compromises in IQ.

I'm mainly posting this so you will know that not everyone finds the OMD to be to their liking. Many do, and maybe you would. But it's not a perfect camera, and it does have shortcomings and compromises, like any other camera. It also has many good points: superb build, amazing feature set and technology (the 5way IS is really impressive), a decent lens lineup etc. Basically, YMMV. Try one out and see what you think.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow