sybersitizen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,851
Like?
Re: Said more accurately ...
In reply to realgeek, 9 months ago

realgeek wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

realgeek wrote:

EVERYONE agrees you should get as much right in camera as possible.

No, everyone doesn't.

I quote BertIverson from page one of this thread: 'I shoot exclusively RAW but not because of noise or IQ superiority... I just got tired of chimping, DRO, HDR, exposure bracketing, spot, center, matrix metering, white balance etc. These can all be accomplished during PP when "time is NOT of the essence". All that is left, at shooting time, are compose and focus.'

I assure you he's not the only one out there who feels that way... and he probably wouldn't work in that manner if he shot JPGs.

Okay! Perhaps I should have said "almost everybody" or "anybody who is being honest ..."

So you're saying that BertIverson is being dishonest? I think, frankly, you're being dishonest. Your goal at this point seems to be to win an argument rather than present full factual and balanced information.

There are plenty of problems that you CANNOT fix later; focus is a perfect example. No one should suggest that you need not worry about focus while shooting.

No one did. So why mention that except as a diversionary tactic?

I thought it might be useful for me to point out quite a few things that you glossed over in your original dismissal of JPG shooting as nothing but a convenience feature. But your reluctance to accept that and instead gainsay the points I make is, shall we say, disappointing. I'm not going to debate with you further, so in that sense I allow you to 'win' by default.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow