Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Peace On Earth
Contributing MemberPosts: 699
Like?
Re: New Canon 70D specs leaked!
In reply to x-vision, Jul 1, 2013

x-vision wrote:

lol101 wrote:

Are there any engineers out there who understand and can explain sensor technology?

Yes but you're not looking for a engineer, you're looking for a magician, able to "explain sensor technology" out of thin air, without even looking at pictures... that's a different thing.

LOL! Exactly.

Until Chipworks or someone else puts the 70D sensor under a microscope (they literally do this), no one can tell what Canon has done with this sensor.

I'm actually expecting some real sensor improvements this time around.

The new 20mp sensor should be able to match the D7100 sensor in performance.
Sans DR, of course, which Canon cannot 'fix' as long as they keep using their existing/outdated CMOS process - and it's very doubtful that the 70D will introduce the awaited brand new CMOS process.

We'll s

I am sorry I want you to be wrong ... it is 2 years in the making... i think they delay it so they can put in the new sensor ... i think they use new sensor in lower models first for testing .. plus they want to compete with nikon ... so few more days to wait ...

Canon surprise us please ... nearly jump on D600 and 6D ... but i want swivel screen ... i am excited whatever it is to replace 60d I gave to family ... i only have the old 450d, yet stilll reliable camera .. but need video function ....

-- hide signature --

http://www.earthsmate.com .. photo gallery coming soon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
LMAONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow