Started Jul 1, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Serious Sam
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Additional gear for my G5 single lens kit, $500 budget
Jul 1, 2013

Hi all looking for some suggestion here.

Got my G5 for about two weeks now, everything so far so good. The obvious problem I find is the kit lens is only so so, I often don't get enough light in low light situation even at F3.5 with iSO at 1600, and the on broad flash is not really useful. Also seems the 14-42 is a bit short, especially I want to play with more background blur.

As I am new to photography, I don’t want to spend too much money on the first run and I am willing to invest a bit more on the existing kit to make the G5 more versatile and my budget is about US$500

So far I have my eyes on the Lumix 45-150 3.5-5.6 lens and either a Olympus or Metz TTL Flaash.

Do you guys think this is a wise purchase plan?? Is there something more worthwhile or more important that you guys think I should spend my money on??

A side question, those who has brought the F2.8 12-35 or 35-100, are they worth the money??

Thanks in adv.

Serious Sam's gear list:Serious Sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow