Still Trying to Convince Myself on RAW

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Photos thread
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,500
Like?
Re: Said more accurately ...
In reply to realgeek, Jun 30, 2013

realgeek wrote:
You make some fair points!  However, I think they boil down to one (or two) additional positive(s): smaller files (with faster access).

By that same logic, I could boil down most of your earlier stated points to one short phrase like 'RAW allows more manipulation'. But I didn't propose such a shortcut because readers probably appreciate the more detailed list. I believe my list deserves the same courtesy, as it describes different benefits affecting different stages of the entire process.

That they are compatible with everything and understood by everybody is implicit in my convenience point -- the photos are "done" OOC.

Does that mean it shouldn't be acknowledged as an advantage? You didn't list possible loss of future file support as a disadvantage on the RAW side (and however likely or unlikely that is, such a likelihood is much stonger for RAW files than JPG files), so it seems fair to allow me to.

Let's leave both of our lists, which we have constructed with care, fully intact out of courtesy rather than try to whittle away at them. That way others can see the details involved.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow