One thing I miss about my DSLR

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryR60
Contributing MemberPosts: 655
Like?
Re: One thing I miss about my DSLR
In reply to rogatsby, 10 months ago

rogatsby wrote:

Overall, I have been very pleased with my Nex-5N, and I am really glad I switched from my big, heavy Canon DSLR.

As many have pointed out, however, the Nex cameras have slow autofocus when it comes to moving subjects, and I am having a lot of trouble getting usable actions shots. Undoubtedly, part of my problem is probably lack of skill in getting the Nex to get nice focus of moving subjects, but it was pretty easy for me with my DSLR.

Of course, I have seen some very nice shots posted by other members, and I know many of you will be able to show terrific action shots taken with your Nex cameras. But I think it's pretty clear that it is more difficult with the Nex's limitations in autofocus speed.

Here is a shot that I just took today. I got the composition and angle I wanted, but I just couldn't nail the focus, and I eventually gave up. Guess I need to keep practicing.

The NEX-6 takes care of the slow autofocus problem, which is why I'm upgrading to one from my 5N.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow