New Canon 70D specs leaked!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks pretty good to me as a sports camera.
In reply to garykohs, Jun 30, 2013

garykohs wrote:

I'll be anxious to see how the IQ is at 12,800 - better or worse than the 7D - and what the raw burst buffer is. If the news is good on both those fronts it should be a stellar sports camera.

I am a bit concerned that the max ISO is 12,800. I think that means it will be pretty marginal at that level. And let's hope that a one second burst buffer (like the Nikon D7100) is not the new normal. That's just not going to cut it for sports.

We know from other cameras that the maximum ISO will give a very high noise level.  The noise of my old 12 mp (XSi) sensor was at least as good and I think a bit better than the noise on the current 18 mp sensors.  I don't think there is any reason to believe Canon will make an improvement with this sensor.  That would be great, but I certainly doubt that will be the case.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
LMAONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow