Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rakore
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
A plea to alle manufacturers — auto ISO in manual mode
10 months ago

I cannot for the life of me understand why not every single camera has this ability. As far as I know only Pentax and Nikon offer it. On my Nikon D90 I always use manual + auto ISO when not in bright daylight.

Pentax got it exactly right when they included it as a distinct mode, aperture + shutter priority. Every camera should have this mode. Nothing have to be physically changed, it can be done through firmware.

The absence of this mode is probalbly due to an old-fashoined comprehension of photography from the film days when ISO values couldn't easily be changed. But come on! It's 2013, it's long due.

P.S: If anyone know of any camera manufacturers that accepts suggestions from the users, I'd like to know so I can send them this plea.

P.S. 2: There is no use of arguing against the usefulness of this mode. If you think it's not useful it only means you haven't fully comprehended it.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow