Nikon Mid Range Zoom for Landscapes on a D800

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Questions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,742
Like?
Re: Nikon Mid Range Zoom for Landscapes on a D800
In reply to Timefreezer BE, Jun 30, 2013

No I can't agree. Few people were defending 24-120/4 as me, especially on dx. This lens is (or was) through quite some sample variation. My point was that we can’t judge a lens by bad samples although we have to accept that fact. So I could pull out tens of post in this sense and from very beginning of this lens life. As I could those where I recommend the lens on fx. Once you want to talk about a dedicated landscape lens though, forget it. We roughly are talking about this sort of difference on d600. it’s a difference that will simply show, and more so at some other settings:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50626758?image=0

the sharpness wasn’t the topic here, still the 24-120/4 f8 sitting on 24-70, 200%.

I can add that the sharpness differences I touch in the post above the post I just linked when at 70mm are not because the 24-70 is getting that bad but because, at least by my observation (and directly with two lenses), the 24-120/4 peaks at this FL contrary to other copies where sharpness falls off close to this FL and somewhat sharply at that.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow