How satisfied are you with your E-M5?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,083Gear list
Like?
Very satisfied
In reply to apennh, Jun 30, 2013

apennh wrote:

How satisfied with the E-M5 are you when your shooting or when looking back through your photos do you ever wish/or how often do you wish you had an SLR in that moment? Is it worth sacrificing good image quality for weight or is the Olympus pretty satisfying and you don't really see it as a sacrifice?

I've made a trip in La Havana with two cameras : an OM-D and an infrared Poweshot G6.

The OM-D has 4 lenses :
A) a Lumix 12-35mm (any normal zoom would be a valid alternative). That lens was used more than 85% of the time
B) an M.Zuiko 12mm for street photography only
C) a Lumix 7-14mm (used very little)
D) an M.Zuiko 40-150mm (used a few times). Any other telezoom could be an alternative.

I took about 4,000 shots during that 3-week trip: about half these shots will eventually be used in different slideshows.

Did I miss not having a DSLR camera? no. I don't pretend the OM-D is the best camera in the World: its IQ is just enough for me. My vacations are just for my own pleasure, so it's out of the question that I would imposed on me the burden to carry any heavy camera.

All day long for three weeks, I carried that camera and its lenses: at the end of the day, sometimes I was tired walking but never because of the burden of my gear. Never.

Example of a slideshow made with that camera :
http://jpmartel.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/le-nord-de-la-vieille-ville/ (skip the French text)

Another slideshow in which there is a little bit of street photography:
http://jpmartel.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/obispo/

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow