New Fuji X-E1... not sure if I am keeping it...

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sinimatik
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New Fuji X-E1... not sure if I am keeping it...
Jun 30, 2013

so after reading very good reviews about this camera I took the plunge and bought it today. Just a bit of background, im an amateur photographer I have various Nikons D5100, D7000, D800. I had been wanting a small camera that i could take around with me all the time, i don't like lugging around my dslrs. I had bought a NEX-6 which i had for a few months, unfortunately it was stolen. So, instead of buying another NEX i decided to try the Fuji.

Ive been playing around with the Fuji and I don't know if Ive made a good choice. I find the Fuji just all around sluggish compared to the NEX, especially the AF. Plus, this RAW conversion problem is really a pain in the butt. I had read that ACR didn't work well with fuji's RAW format but i didn't think it would be an issue, i am starting to think it will be more than a minor inconvenience. So far Im not so convinced that this really is a superior camera. Ive mainly been shooting in aperture mode and have noticed that the X-E1 chooses extremely slow shutter speeds, i don't remember my NEX slowing the shutter speed down as aggressively. The fuji is set on auto ISO, up to 3200 and I am still getting frustratingly low shutter speeds, and this is outside in decent light. I could shoot manual but, i prefer Aperture.

So as it seems right now I am very tempted to exchange for another NEX 6. When i bought the NEX, I set it up, and started shooting right away, and was very satisfied with my purchase and felt that it did what i needed it to do. This X-e1 on the other hand leaves me almost regretful.

any recommendations would be appreciated!.

Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow