The D7100 "through the looking glass"...

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JimPearce
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,292Gear list
Like?
The D7100 "through the looking glass"...
Jun 29, 2013

No, that's the problem: too many threads devoted to using software to provoke a pathological response, and next to no threads on how to get the most out of the D7100's files. What we need is more D7100 "down the rabbit-hole". Let me be clear about two things:

1. In three months of use and thousands of shots, I've yet to see the level of artifacting I normally saw on my D300. Particularly striking is the absence of moiré on certain warblers.

2. On the other hand, post processing tends to involve some additional steps and noise reduction in particular needs to be geared more to the individual image than with the D300.

Anyway, perhaps I'm expecting too much from a junior forum which seems to be oriented more to gear envy  - with the attendant search for the fatal flaw in equipment one doesn't happen to own - than to photography. Does anyone else find it striking that none of the people who have posted hundreds of photographs here taken with the D7100 seems to have a serious complaint, while the legion of geeks and first time posters returning the camera continues to expose fatal flaws? (In fairness, I should credit the D5200 here as well - the subject of the latest really stupid thread.). Anyway, my aim is not to discourage the detractors, but to suggest that those of us who own and use the camera could share technique along the lines of the D300 forum. 

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100
Nikon D300 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow