Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Banner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,337
Like?
Please advise: J1 or J2 or 4/3?
Jun 29, 2013

I have a D300 that I love and lots of lenses for it. But I mostly use it for portraits around the house and my daughter's pony jumping competitions. For vacation and travel I take compact cameras because the DSLR + Lenses is just too much, especially with 2 kids and a baby to carry.

So I'm interested in a compromise between DSLR & compact. And I'm looking at the Nikon 1 & 4/3. The J1 has a promotion going which makes it pretty cheap with 10-30 & 30-100 lenses. I'd probably add the 18.5 prime. And I wouldn't mind getting the 10-100 zoom and selling the 30-100.

OR should I get the J2? I haven't found a review of it here so I'm not sure how it's better than the J1.

The other thing I'm considering is the 4/3. I like the idea of the larger sensor to get better image quality and less depth of field for portraits. I also like the idea of Nikon so that I can use my Nikon lenses such as my 85 1.4 on the nikon 1 camera. So I'm really stuck here and not sure what to do.

I'd love to get some feedback on this. Obviously this is the Nikon 1 forum. I am a big fan of Nikon DSLR but for the rest I'm not that loyal.

I'll use this camera for walks in the park, travel, vacations, walking around the city, etc.  I'd use it for portraits when I'm out but for portraits at home i'd use my DSLR.

Thanks

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow