Need Assistance with PC Specs

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,681
Like?
Re: run the driver install program from the CD that shipped with it
In reply to WatsonPhoto, Jun 29, 2013

WatsonPhoto wrote:

As per the note by Jim, I used the CD that came with motherboard and installed all of the drivers. That resolved the problem with Windows not recognizing the d800 and the card reader. I also went to the Intel site and updated the drivers from them, including the graphics driver for the Haswell chip.

Yep... The manufacturer's driver install disk is usually a good starting point to make sure all drivers and utilities for the chipsets in a given system are installed.

Then, after the initial installation, update them to newer versions.  For example, you'll probably see newer versions of some drivers in the Asrock downloads (see link in my previous post).  Microsoft Update may have some newer drivers, too.

Then, go to the chipset manufacturers' web sites for even newer drivers, as most boards use chipsets from a lot of different manufacturers (Ralink, Intel, NEC, etc.).

But, it sounds like you probably have what you need now (between the disk that shipped with your board, and getting the latest drivers from Intel).  Personally, I'd update things like your BIOS firmware, too (available from the downloads on the Asrock site for your board).

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow