Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 21,935
Like?
I tried a bit of B&W
In reply to Artichoke, Jun 29, 2013

Artichoke wrote:

superb work as the others have noted

I love the color rendering of these lowlight theatricals & appreciate how well you managed a consistent look for this series, but this marvelous frame may do better as a monochrome to emphasize the extraordinary geometry

I tried a bit of B&W but felt quite quickly that colour was an advantage for this series.

This does not mean that individual images would not work well in B&W.

When you aim for "colour-blocking" with deep blacks (like I do) it is almost possible to have the same abstraction and emphasis on form, with colour as with B&W.

After all : this shot above is just blacks, yellows, pinkish reds and the white of the figure.

It's not like there is an intricate colour palet here with the whole range of the spectrum.

outstanding series, Roel

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow