POLL: on family holiday : how much time for photography?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Polls thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,036
Like?
Totally on the same page
In reply to Zindanfel, Jun 29, 2013

Zindanfel wrote:

Really depends on time plan, place, and who's in the group; for me, all but the last option occur.

Well, I picked ONE, but I could have picked anything but the first and last.

Our offspring are grown and have their own families.

Totally on the same page with the rest of what you write, except our kids are still on the brink of spreading their wings.  We still holiday together for extended periods (weeks) once a year (or maybe every other year).

When we're on an outing with them (usually local daytrips) I try to grab a few candids to supplement family albums, but that's incidental to Together Time. When it's just Wife and I, we are both very patient -- neither is "rushing" the other. Sometimes I make a mental note to revisit something alone if I need substantial time with it.

that is a good way to work, except when on a clear schedule.  I have to make the most of every location at the time when I am there.

On getaway vacations there's always a need for some documentary "we were there having a good time" photography, but this must fit in the overall flow of the vacation. That's when early morning and late evening solo shooting is a godsend.

I agree. I make shorter nights and longer days in order to fit in solo-time shooting, while the others are still (or already) in bed.  That works perfectly for us.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow