Something I would like to see Pentax do.

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,597
Like?
Something I would like to see Pentax do.
Jun 29, 2013

Hi folks,

As you know when using AF-C that an image can be taken even if the subject is out of focus. When using AF-S the first image cannot be taken unless the subject is in focus and any image taken after that (if using continuous shooting) will be out of focus since the camera does not refocus, it just fires away at the first image focus range. So, what I would like to see from Pentax is a modified AF-S mode where after the first image is taken (when using continuous shooting) the camera refocuses for the next image. This would probably slow down your frames per second (FPS) but by golly you would never again have any out of focus BIF's.

EDIT: It would be like using catch-in-focusing only you would be in autofocus mode and the motor would turn the lens instead of your hand.

Comments?

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow