macbook pro + external screen for photo editing

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Eckstein
Senior MemberPosts: 2,119Gear list
Like?
Re: macbook pro + external screen for photo editing
In reply to lnguyenh, Jun 29, 2013

I am currently using a 13" Macbook Pro late 2009 model with Core two Duo 2.26 ghz and 8 megs of ram. I removed the CD player and installed a 240GB SSD drive as my main drive and moved the 500Gb drive to where the CD drive was and use it as my photo storage drive. Additionally I have 2 external drives a 1TB and a 3TB for storage and backup. These four drives are on continuously. I also have two more external drives of 2TB which are only turned on when I want to back up raw images. Also I have two printers, one color 13" x 19" and one mono laser for non photo images. An Asus 24" monitor, a Wacom tablet, Neat scanner and keyboard and mouse as well as a sound system. Sometimes I use the computer screen as a second monitor.

All have been running flawlessly since I bought this system and other than the dual drives in the computer, which were added about 6 or 7 months ago. Besides the boost in performance from the SSD as my main drive, the computer runs 35 degrees cooler with it installed. This system is usually running for 15 hours per day.

This setup is used with CS6 and Aperture 3, as I am heavy into photo processing and website management.

http://photo.net/photos/Michael%20Eckstein

Michael Eckstein's gear list:Michael Eckstein's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow