ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gayle84
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
New to dslr - little help?
Jun 29, 2013

Hi all,

I can't even be considered a beginner yet - I haven't moved beyond the point and shoot but am always frustrated at the limitations my camera has. So I'm now deciding which camera to buy. I went out and looked at the Pentax K30 today with a 17-70mm f2.8 - 4.5 lens. They then showed me another lense that went to 200mm and the confusion began. Would the 70mm be limiting etc.

I use my camera for a bit of everything, we travel a bit and I was so disapointed by most of my photos from the US at Christmas. Scenic shots of snow and landscapes just didn't do it close to justice and night time shots were woeful (of course I was doing hand held which didn't help!).

We're heading to Japan at the end of this year so I'm keen to learn as much as I can and spend a few months experimenting!

Does the Pentax seem like a good option? And then perhaps add another lens duty free down the track once I know what I'm doing?

Also, the compact system cameras seem like a great travel alternative but are they really limiting with lenses? I get the sense from what I've learnt so far that the lens is more important than the body? Not sure if I'm over reading information and pretty much any camera will do just as good a job, particularly at my skill level! But would also like one that allows me to progress.

My budget is preferably below AU$1000.

Thanks so much, looking forward to the advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow