ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,717Gear list
Like?
***This with your m43 (or something sometimes! :))***
Jun 29, 2013

The rules, the rules:

1. Take a useful picture (I was going to say a "really nice" picture, then I reflected on how many ways my first contribution this week could be criticized! LOL).

2. Preferably with an m43!

3. Reply to this post, BUT changing the subject line to one of your own.

4. Upload your pic, adding a little explanation preferably identifying the location).

5. Click on "Post".

It is 8.45pm Papua New Guinea time, and I am at the Vavagil Bar'n'Grill preparing (or prepared) to go forth and do battle getting pix of patrons for the Vava's site and facebook page.

Photographically, this is a terrible environment. Little light to speak of, brown bamboo walls and ceiling, so nothing good for bouncing flash, and having E-PL3 turn my fingers to all thumbs with its terrible ergonomics.

The other problem has been the flash gear: I had a cheap JJC wireless outfit to get two flashes going, an Oly FL50 and a Metz A20, but it just didn’t work well (I was never sure how to use it; the instructions were not really instructive) so I ended up with the FL50 on the E-PL3 trying to bounce. What a clunky and unbalanced outfit!

I gave thd Metz to my daughter to play with on her G1, sold the FL50 on eBay and from the same source, bought two FL36Rs.

Tried working with them using Oly's ridiculous "wireless" thing with the silly little accessory flash on the E-PL3, so far without success. I will be doing more testing of this but my results so far are just plain confusing.

So the other night, I went to the old tried and true, on FL36R on the camera and the other set to slave mode taped to the steelwork holding the roof up.

I got a result. Not perfect, but in the right direction.

Then I posted this pic on the Vavagil's facebook page, identifying the central dancer as "Michelle" (her real name). At about 1am after a few beers, I could not stop facebook adding a family name of its choice.

So for about 10 hours after that (until I could get onto the net in the morning) facebook was telling the world that someone named "Michelle Obama" (who on earth could that be? LOL) was dancing in a very sexy manner st the Vava!

how can life be so difficult? I thought I had all this flash stuff sorted 45 years ago!

As you can see, we’re pretty casual here in the tropics!

Werll, that's filled a happy 15 minutes. The music is beating through the (rather thin) walls, and it is 8:59pm, so I'd better go out and start doing battle!

Tally ho!!!!

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Pentax Optio A20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow