Need Assistance with PC Specs

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
WatsonPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 187
Like?
Re: run the driver install program from the CD that shipped with it
In reply to MrScary, Jun 29, 2013

As per the note by Jim, I used the CD that came with motherboard and installed all of the drivers. That resolved the problem with Windows not recognizing the d800 and the card reader. I also went to the Intel site and updated the drivers from them, including the graphics driver for the Haswell chip.

The operating system and all applications are installed on the 256 gb Samsung pro ssd. The second ssd, which is the Samsung 840 pro 512 gb is reserved for the Lightroom catalog, cache and My Documents. The pc was built with the future in mind where the previews cache will increase in size with larger megapixel cameras and probably a 4K preview option on the next version of Lightroom. Currently the image catalog is around 70k of images.

Currently all image files are retained on four 2 gb USB3 external disk drives. I will be restructuring my storage setup in the near future, but for now the PC upgrade was the focus.

The performance of the new PC is very good and Lightroom 5 runs flawlessly.  The Windows 8 GUI challenges were overcome with Stardock Start8 and the other packages they offer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow