About moderation - Feedback

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,681
Like?
+1 for moderation
In reply to quadrox, Jun 29, 2013

I’m pleased with the overall moderation I’ve seen and experienced in the forums I routinely visit and participate in. It may not be perfect, but it’s a lot better than the chaos and virtual anarchy that prevailed prior to implementing the current system.

Considering the other photography forums I participate in, DPR today has the least heavy-handed approach to moderation, recognizing the scope of this site and its forums.

I’ve been a mod elsewhere; it’s not an easy job. We would parse posts/threads into a logical composite, nuke a few, and some members would argue minute details on why they are right, and everyone else is wrong, sometimes quoting specifics & details from rules & regulations.

DPR is a private business, not subject to various freedom of speech laws, regulations, or what someone thinks or wants it to be. Input from members is encouraged and considered, as it has been from the beginning of DPR in my 10+ years here. Moderation has some downsides in that some recipients may not agree with the outcome.

Deal with it, send suggestions to feedback at DPR. Ask questions, contribute input, this is what DPR is all about, not extracts from the rules/posts and questioning some minute detail should or should not apply.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow