Is AutoFocus more practice than manualfocus?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
josbiker
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?
Re: Is AutoFocus more practice than manualfocus?
In reply to ernstbk, 10 months ago

ernstbk wrote:

josbiker wrote:

Pedagydusz wrote:

If I understand correctly your point, I would say that the reviewers usually refer to resolution obtained under MF conditions because they want to give a value that is always right, a limit of what that camera/lens combination is capable. In the case of MFT, where the precision of CDAF is very high, may be that is not so important. But with Reflex cameras (with mirror, and a separate AF sensor) there are frequent, very frequent, common really, back-focusing and front-focusing problems, that vary from one camera/lens combination to the next.

So if the reviewers were to give numbers concerning the performance of the camera/lens combination on AF conditions, that might be good for one, but meaningless for another person with identical equipment.

So, what I want is a review that tells me what a camera can do, at best. It is up to me to reach that or not, but at least I know the limit.

I hope this helps

-- hide signature --

I like to know the numbers for a given combination e.g GH3 with the 35-100 /2,8 lens and with this number i have some thing concrete and not something vague or words!

Bob Tullis earlier in this thread already gave you the number, however we still do not know what is the question.

Let us assume I take a picture with a e.g. Canon 650 with a given lens zoom in AUTOFOCUS , the resolution in lines is e.g. 1450 lines after the measurement.

I do the same (in AF) with a GH3 with e.g. the 35-100/2.8 lens in AUTOFOCUS and now I measure have 2200 lines!

I do the same with a Canon 5D MK3 with a zoom lens (the best) in AUTO FOCUS and now i measure e.g. 2300 lines

So i always use a very good zoom lens and not the best prime lenses because that is the way i like to take my pictures (and perhaps a lot of us)!

I do the same with the Canon 5D mk3 with the very best prime lens and I get 3300 lines. Wow much better I (we) I think.

But that is a shortsighted view, because I do not wanted this lens and I never buy such a lens!

So if the reviewers gives us only the value of the very best prime lens e.g. a macro lens than it is for me and perhaps a lot of other people who only wants a very good zoom lens and we use only zoom lens in AF that is not information I am (we) looking for!

There are a lot of reasons to use very good zoom lenses, so, please, no discussion on this point

Surprise, surprise there is just a little resolution difference between a FF Canon and a GH3 in AUTO FOCUS!

I like to know the difference between a FF camera in AUTOFOCUS and the speed and e.g the GH3 under the SAME conditions!

So than I know what I (we) wanted to buy

I can (you can) made mistakes if you do not know the figures!

So for me the results with the zooms in AUTOFUCUS are important and the results of prime much less

So for many of us (i think) it is much more informative when you know that number when you have the only need for a Gh3 with one or two zoom lenses and you used these zoom lenses in 97% of your shots.

I assume that there are a lot of intelligent people in this forum who understand my questions and the ones who do not understand my questions so please give answers and open door answers?

Josbiker

josbiker's gear list:josbiker's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow