KM 7D

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
mrct71
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: KM 7D
In reply to Sonnarman, 10 months ago

Hi there. This happened with my father's 7D when it hadn't been used for a few months. I love this camera and found it very frustrating.  My solution, whether it's temporary or not (I suspect it is, as this is an ongoing issue with the 7D) is to take the lens off, make sure your battery is charged and set the camera to sensor clean mode. You will see the mirror flip up. When this happens, there is still a curtain over the sensor. Leave the sensor clean mode on for a minute or so, then switch off. Repeat this until you see the curtain move and the sensor is visible.

I did it a few times and eventually the curtain snapped back, the sensor became visible and pictures are now able to be taken without issue. I've not had a problem since. This may just let you use it as long as it's not for something utterly crucial where reliability is paramount.

Chris

A--
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
Ansel Adams

mrct71's gear list:mrct71's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Pentax K20D Pentax 645D Pentax K-5 IIs +7 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow